Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Honey-do's and airplane building - a raging never ending battle

So I was all set to slam out the rest of the rudder last weekend. Problem is I have a son graduating frm High School in two months, and the wife wants to throw a nice party. That means that the house and the yard needs some TLC. So I ended up getting started on just a few of the projects - painting the interior of the house, putting in a tiled entry way, laying down hard wood floors, etc. Just a few "easy" and non-time consuming tasks to take care of......

Just had to bite the bullet on this I guess. So now I am in rapid honey-do completion mode until these projects get done. Tiled entry way should take no longer than this weekend, and the hardwood floors may take the next couple of weeks off and on. Somewhere in that time frame I expect to finish the rudder.

I did manage to get the bottom rib divots smoothed out to my satisfactions. I ended up using 220 grit aluminum oxide sand paper wrapped around an a 1/8 inch dowel to get in there and fix the divots without removing too much material on the rib. I also cut some newspaper to size to mask the inside and outside of the rudder skin so I can finish prepping and priming the ends of each skin. If I get the tile floor done before the weekend I will take a break and see if I can't get to a point where I am slamming rivets again.

My buddy Ron Duren should have received his fuselage kit today for his RV7. Jealous, jealous, jealous I am....

No comments:

Post a Comment