Monday, March 7, 2011

236 hours on the hobbs. Drilled and deburred holes and edges.

Spent time today working around the fact that the defective bottom rib part that I received yesterday from Vans is impacting no less that the final preparation of 4 other inter-related parts. So I spent time today match drilling and deburring the holes in the forward spar flange and the support plates that will house the rod end bearings for each rudder hinge. I also drilled and deburred the counterbalance skin and the tip rib, so they are all but ready for priming. As soon as I get the bottom rib issue resolved, I can finish the rudder skeleton and move ever closer to finishing the rudder.

Probably time to start trimming stiffeners for the elevators and get that rather tedious chore out of the way as well. Then there are always the wings..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment