Here is the pic after I had finished setting all the remaining rivets. Call it being lazy or whatever, but once I had changed the setup to allow me to squeeze the most forward rivets - 2 nutplates on the bottom side and two more on the top, I decided that instead of switching everything back to the previous clamping and setting method, I would just keep going with the new setup. Why is this significant? Well, the change in the setup also meant that instead of pulling the stationary part of the yoke against the manufactured head of the rivet and the skin, and allowing the ram of the squeezer - the moving part - to smash the rivet tail, the process is reversed. So I had to place the moving ram over the manufactured head of each rivet, and try to keep it centered on the rivet head as it moved upward to close the gap with the stationary part of the yoke on the other side.
SO the difference is that when configured one way, you are holding the squeezer stationary against the rivet while the ram moves and sets the rivet. For the other configuration, the ram is moving upward and you have to try to keep the rivet set over the center of the rivet as it moves. THis is how I have messed up so many rivets in the past that I cannot even begin to count. Trying to keep a flat rivet set stationary over a small rivet head while the ram is moving is counter-intuitive, but the problems is that, as is the case here, sometimes you do not have much of choice as to how things need to be configured in order to get the job done. So you have to learn how to rivet using a lot of different techniques and setups - that's just the way that it is. In the above pic you can see how the ram will push on the skin and the rivet head as it moves up, so you end up developing this sense of allowing the ram to move up while the squeezer moves backward a bit, and, if everything stays in alignment, i.e.the rivet set on the ram does not slip off the center of the rivet head, the other flat set will eventually make contact with rivet stem and smash it to the proper size.
Fortunately I was able to set all the remaining rivets that way, and they all turned out fantastic! So I did not even have to drill out or reset any rivets. All 14 nutplates for the tank attach edge of the subskin were set successfully and correctly, and I was very pleased with that. it is not often that I engage in a rivet setting session and I do not have drilled our any rivets or fix a problem of some sort. I was glad to get that behind. me. Here are the finished nut plates - all riveted on.