Sunday, March 13, 2011

Cranking away on the rudder skeleton preparation

Back to 3D mode - drilling, deburring, dimpling, followed by cleaning, scuffing, more cleaning, and finally priming. I was so busy yesterday that I did not even get any pics of the whole thing clecoed together while I finished match drilling the rest of the parts to the skin. I have since taken everything apart again. I will be happy if I can get to the point where everything is dimpled and primed. Dimpled probably - primed may be a bit of a stretch, but we'll see. I may have to ground down my dimple dyes and one end of my yoke according to several other posts from other builders that are on this phase of the build, but hopefully that won't take too long to do. This is needed because the flanges on some of the control surface ribs are not wide enough for the tools, so sometimes you just have to make some modifications to all those expensive tools that you purchase, to ensure that you have the right tool for the job.

I'll post more pics later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment