Monday, January 24, 2011

Two of the four remaining VS Leading edge rivets


Here is a pic of the four remaining holes on the top and bottom of the VS tip that I need to rivet to finish assembling it. They are the two holes where the rib flange rests against the skin. The holes on the outermost edge are for attaching the fiberglass tip to the top of the VS, which will be done later. I decided to leave both holes open in case I need the room to set the forward-most rivet. I can get a bucking bar in there just fine for the hole behind the most forward rivet, but getting a bucking bar in the first hole (most forward) is a bit of a challenge, especially after setting the rivet on the opposite side. I am waiting for my hand squeezer to arrive this week, and then I should have enough control to be able to use the special no-hole thin-nosed yoke to set the final rivets in this assembly without damaging anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment