Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hand Squeezer did the job on those LE rivets


These two pics show the new Avery hand Squezzer that got today. It also has my 4 inch thin nose, no hole yoke attached to it, and 1/2" x 3/8 inch dye in the ram. It is called a no hole yoke because there is no hole for inserting a rivet set on the top of this yoke, which allows it to taper to a much thinner point, so that it can reach into small confined spaces where other yokes will not fit. Case in point, those 4 pesky leading edge rivets on the top rib of the VS I spoke about in an earlier post. My first impression of this hand squeezer was, man, this is really heavy!. I was concerned about being able to keep it positioned over the rivet head while I manually squeezed the life out of the rivet. At least I would still have better control over when the squeeze is applied, unlike the pneumatic squeezer.
Short story is that it took care of the 4 LE rivets with not problem. No dinged up skins or bent
ribs or deformed holes or badly set rivets. Everything went in nice and clean. I can honestly say that as far as squeezers go I think I am set for good long while now. On to the rudder now....

No comments:

Post a Comment