Saturday, January 22, 2011

VS Skin riveting and new tools ordered

I have to post this pic after posting the other boo boo pics, just to prove that 99% of the rest of the rivets all look very nice. I just placed an order from Avery tools to get a hand squeezer and a special flush rivet set that has a guard around the edge. I will start using this one for riveting the skins once I receive it, but until then, a very awesome tip I got from a post on the VAF forum said that you could use masking tape on the head of your flush rivet set to avoid marring up the surface of the skin, and to help keep the rivet set from moving on the skin while you are riveting. Another little trick I applied was ensuring that the work was properly clamped or secured in place, so that it would not move either. These two things have most likely made the biggest difference in my skin riveting experience on this particular part of the airplane.

No comments:

Post a Comment