Wednesday, January 26, 2011

208 hours on the hobbs - Major work on the VS is DONE!


So I got my tools today from Avery - boy that was fast. They even credited the shipping back out of my order. I just love getting new stuff in the mail. Here is the "finished" VS, with the blue protective vinyl coating removed. My friend and fellow builder Ron always celebrateseach building milestone with a beer and a cigar. Well. it's too f'n cold to drink beer in my humble opinion, so I won't be doing that tonight. Perhaps some blackberry brandy to warm me up perhaps. It is a nice feeling to finally finish each major part of the airplane, but frankly I am way behind the schedule that I had originally set for my self, and I just want to finish up the rest of the tail at this point. 1 rudder, two elevators, and yes, the dreaded trim tab to go!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, nice job dude...that RV grin is already in full swing!

    ReplyDelete