Saturday, January 22, 2011

A little inspiration.....Oshkosh 2010 list of things you missed of you weren't there

Those of us that live, work, play, and fly in the parts of the country that provide a winter wonderland during this time of year may need some good ole' inspiration from time to time to stay focused on our love and passion for aviation. As such, I noted that I never really posted any pics from my second excursion to Oshkosh last year, and so I thought I would do just that to help celebrate another milestone in my build. If you did not go, you missed:

1. Sloshkosh 2010 - record breaking rainfall, swamped parking and camping grounds, delayed arrivals - awesome effort by EAA to resolve all the problems.
2. Lt. Dan Band with Gary Sinese - awesome concert at Theater in the Woods
3. Campfires at my camp site in Camp Scholler
4. Attending the Young Eagles Award Ceremony and Banquet
5. Having the Mule (me) running cargo for several aircraft both to and from KOSH.
6. Emergency Parts run for Gary Zillik when Electronic Ingition module failed on the way home
7. Night Airshow - my first one ever! Absolutely one of the best treats of the whole week at Airventure 2010.
8. Movie nights every evening at the inflatable outdoor Ford Theater. Free popcorn and great movies.
9. Great company- new friends.
10. Airplanes - DC-3/C-47 mass fly-in and anniversary, B-17 anniversary (4 in the air at one time), 2 P-38s, Jap Zero, WWI fighters, flying cars, electric powered full sized airplanes
11. and on and on and on.

Pics follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment