Saturday, January 22, 2011

....And the prize - almost


Almost finished with the VS. I have left 4 of the leading edge rivets at the top for later, after my hand squeezer from Avery tools arrives. I amde a mess of at least two of these on the HS assembly, and I don't want to screw these up, so I will wait for the right tool. The problem is that there is just not enough space to put a squeezer or any other tool in there to set those leading edge rivets. I may have to try a special back rivet close-quarters technique to set those rivets. I am leaving the fiberglass tip work till later, and the only other thing to do is to re-squeeze some of the rivets since I may not have set my depth quite right on my pneumatic squeezer for several rivets. Last thing to do is get rid of the smudges from fingers etc. with acetone, and find a place to hang -er up till needed for setting up the rudder hinges.

1 comment: