Thursday, June 5, 2014

Busy working on the second "D" of the 3D process

Nothing too exciting to report today. I managed to get the vinyl stripped  on the top wing skins of the left wing (both front and back sides). I decided I would go ahead and work on the second D of the 3 "D"s - you know the DEBUR part! Man I feel like I have deburred about million holes - and those were just both sides of one side of one wing - man sometimes it just seems like it never ends. I am now starting to understand why builders are so happy to finally start working on the fuselage kit - no more ribs to straighten or other airfoil-related surfaces to deal with.

As long as the vinyl stripping and deburring continues to go well, I expect to be working on the leading edge by next week. Need to order some parts from Vans to incorporate the necessary mods for the special project.Priming and dimpling the wing skins is not too far down the road either.

Also saw that Ron Duren picked up his newly painted bird from GLO systems in Texas yesterday- I am sooooooo jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment