Monday, March 12, 2012

Wings - 2 hours Cleaning garage and breaking down spar box contents

Well OK one more pic of elevators with blue vinyl removed and the center bearing bolt holes deburred. Elevators are all but done IMHO:


I have had to navigate that pesky long box crate that contained all the spars and tubing for the wings for a long long time. I finally was able to dig into that crate and remove the contents and get things ready for wing building. Here is the crate all broken down. I am using the sides to provide a place to set somethings until I get the rest of the garage cleaned out.



SO all this stuff on the shelves will need to find a new home in the shed or somewhere so I can store the elevators and the other components for the wings such as the flaps and ailerons:




Also had to switch to a new plan set for the wings. Lots of new pages to complete!


I am also building a drawer that will fit under one of my work benches. This is a long overdue workshop addition. Amazing how the room on the peg board runs out as you acquire new tools throughout the build. You almost have to build at least one more airplane to justify the investment in tools that you will have by the time the plane is ready to fly. (Don't tell my wife I said that though!)

I am using a 24 inch ball bearing drawer slide, similar to the ones used for heavy duty file cabinets and sliding entertainment center shelves where support for heavy things is needed. I got them at HD for about $18.00, and they have a weight capacity of 100 pounds, which should be more than enough for my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment