Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Taking a break - Airplane Motivation Hawaiian Style

Taking a break by spending some quality time with my wife on the beautiful island of Oahu, Hawaii. You know, that one special person that is gracious enough to allow me to spend time endulging in my own selfish endeavors like building an airplane.

In the short time that we have been here in Waikiki and Honolulu, we have already done so many different things. Among them are an outdoor Luau, climbing to the top of Diamond Head, and spending time roasting on the beach.

To my friends and fellow builders, I wish that you were all here with us. Since I know that this is just not physically possible, I thought I would include a motivational picture titled "Place your favorite RV airplane here..." If this photo does not instill a drive and sense of purpose to KPR and finish your aircraft project and get it flying, then I don't know what will.


Caught a beautiful Hawaiian sunset this evening. Can't wait to be heading to some long-awaited destination somewhere in the plane, and then happening upon a spectacular view very similar to this one someday. Absolutely beautiful out here in the South Pacific.

Tomorrow morning we embark on an aviation-related event that is very dear to my heart. We will be visiting the U.S.S. Arizona Memorial. Anyone who knows me well at all, knows that I am a long-time WWII history buff. I can't even describe the feeling that I get when I start to ponder the fact that I am actually in the place where it all began for America back in 1941. This will be a truly special event for me, and it is something that I have aspired to do all of my life. I am truly humbled by this opportunity, and I am overwhelmed by a sense of sadness and admiration for those that endured that tragic day in our history.

That said, I should be rarin' and ready to go to get back on the build after I return.

ALOHA Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Great Picture! Makes me miss Oahu a lot. I'm glad to hear that you two are having fun. Don't forget about the Makiki Tantalus Lookout (Views of all the south side and free), or the Pali Lookout (Views of all the North side but pay for parking). Makiki Tantalus will take about 10 minutes by scooter/car. Pali, you need a car. Have fun at the Arizona Memorial, it's very awe-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete