Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A-riveting we will go...... A-riveting we will go....


So I asked Ron when he arrived last Saturday what he thought about the ding on the top side of the left HS skin, since he is also "knowledgable" about such things (he-he). His response was something like " well I tell you what, whatever we are going to do let's decide right now, before we start riveting!" meaning that before we pound hundreds of rivets into this skin I better make a decision. I decided that Van's had seen the photos and indicated that it looked like a fillable depression. and I guess I was also prepared to undo (drill out) any rivets should anyone else raise concerns. So I decided to KPR (Keep pounding rivets!) If nothing else, it would be excellent practice bucking and riveting with two people, which is something that you inevitably must do during certain phases of the construction of an RV aircraft. Here is Ron with the center nose rib riveted in place, and the left side skin clecoed to the rest of the frame on the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment