Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Catching Up - Getting help with riveting

So you have seen my very ill-prepared attempt to start riveting my HS skins onto the frame. I have contacted several people from EAA HQ to local Tech Counselors to my friend Ron. This Saturday one of the local EAA chapters I belong to is having its annual picnic up at Erie Tri County Airport. One of the tech counselors suggested I bring it to the picnic where they can look at it in person. Sometimes pictures and describing things over the phone just don't quite cut it.

After I incurred the damage, I contacted Ron and asked him if he could come down and help me shoot all these rivets. Iwas no longer confident that doing this solo was something that I could do successfully. He gladly said that he could come down, so last Saturday we spent most of the afternoon riveting the skins to the HS frame. Lesson learned here - contact Ron or somebody to help BEFORE doing stupid things like attempting to rivet large pieces on a wobbly, uneven table at an improper height!

What a great afternoon that was. I learned a lot from Ron, and I can't even begin to tell anyone how valuable it was to have someone there with some experience to help you out. The following posts contain pics of all the activity over the past week. Thanks Ron for all your wisdom and help!

No comments:

Post a Comment