Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter 2010 - New tools for Priming and Spraying

April 4 is Easter Sunday - and - as it turns out, a beautiful day in Colorado to catch up on some priming. Since I have resolved some earlier problems with applying my primer by getting a new air hose and ensuring that the mixture of primer and reducer is at the correct viscosity, I am now able to finish priming the rest of the HS parts. The trick for me is that I needed to get the primer mixed thoroughly, and then you add the reducer/catalyst, strain it into the paint cup, and then spend a couple of minutes mixing the parts together and checking the viscosity. It needs to run off the end of the stir stick without having any solids on the stick.

I bought a pneumatic paint shaker from Harbor Freight yesterday, and it seems to work fairly well. It comes with an oiler unit as part of the valve assembly, and this is the first time I have worked with an oiler. You fill it up with air tool oil, and it periodically sprays a small amount of oil into the shaker assembly to keep it lubricated.

I also bought a pressure regulator for the paint gun. That seems to be working as expected as well. It gives me the ability to keep the regulator pressure for the air compressor set to 90psi for most of the other air tools, and set the precise pressure of the gun to the recommended 50psi, without having to adjust the regulator at the compressor all the time. Pics of both will follow in later posts. I was busy trying to finish priming all of my HS parts today, and I almost got there....

1 comment:

  1. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting.Many thanks.


    Air Tools

    ReplyDelete