Friday, April 16, 2010

What's in that little bag anyway?


This is just one of many, many more hardware bags that come with this kit. Every rivet, nut, bolt, washer, etc. needs to be counted and organized. The bag in this pic contains the hardware for a capacitive fuel sending unit that will be used to determine the fuel levels in both wing tanks. The stock parts for this from Van's consist of a float unit mounted inside the tank. I opted for less moving parts, mostly because the airplane is aerobatic, and while I don't really plan on spending most of my time upside down in the airplane, I did not see the point in having a system that will be subjected to the wear and tear of this kind of activity. There are also no bearings or shafts that might get stuck, or float parts that may become loose or dislodged in the fuel tank. The capacitive sender option is a better one all the way around as far as I am concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment