Monday, April 19, 2010

HS Rear Spar in progress


Rear Spar in progress. What you see here is the left side of the spar with the two support brackets in the middle of the spar web, with most of the top bracket rivets installed, and the bottom rivets in progress. The green tape is there to help me remember that I am not to drive rivets in these locations because either a hinge or a rib attach point is located there, and I need to wait until I get to those assemblies before I put any rivets in these holes. No sense in driving rivets just to end up having to drill them out later!. One other nagging problem that I need to figure out how to resolve is shown by the splotches all over the spar. What happened here is that my rivet gun started spewing tool oil all over everything, after I spent all that time cleaning and priming. That just made me flat ANGRY. Now I have to take soap and water and HOPE to get all that crappy oil off of everything before I can do my final assembly. That just really sucks! Lesson learned - I will no longer be adding tool oil to my tools just before every use, as I have now determined that they are all over oiled anyway. At this point I would rather see the tool sieze up than have to clean up this crappy mess again.

No comments:

Post a Comment