Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Elevator LE Pics from last night

So here are a couple of pics of the leading edge roll experience for the right elevator. The first shows some residual waviness of the mid section that I need to resolve. Problem is that this means that the top skin (the one that overlaps the bottom), needs to be pushed down a bit more, and this unfortunately means that I need to reverse the skins so that the bottom is on the outside and the top is on the inside. This is the only real way that you can apply enough force to the skin that needs to be bent. Switching the skins around becomes much more difficult when they start to overlap each other. I also need to reapply primer to the bottom skin edge, so at least I have two reasons for switching the skins around. Sure hope it is worth chewing up my fingers and hands again to finish this up. Did I already say that this is the my least favorite part of this build.


Those gaps have got to go -almost there.

Next is the entore elading edge. The top and bottom sections are laying down fairly well now, so only the middle needs some work. Oh yeah, and I still need to do the remaining 4 secttions of the Left elevator.


1 comment:

  1. Bryan,

    Keep at it buddy. I just finished rolling my elevator leading edges, and you are correct that they are a pain in the bootay. The good thing is that they will remain mostly hidden in their final service location. Hope life is treating you well. You should come over and drink a beer sometime.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete