Thursday, February 23, 2012

448.5 hours - Right Elevator LE skins finally form fitted - drilled holes to #30

Man ya just gotta love this February winter weather we are having. The TV folks said we should get about a half inch last night. Woke up to 9 inches of the stuff on my driveway - another dig out - yippee. Oh, and then the winds were hurricane force around here for 2 days prior to that.

Anyway, I managed to get a few things done in the airplane shop tonight before it got too cold. I worked on the middle section of the right elevator, and finally got the skins to lay pretty flat on top of one another. Then I drilled the rivet holes - #40 first, followed by #30, for the pop rivets that will close everything up. I stopped at that point because I still need to re-prime the inside skin before I close them up for good. A little primer and deburring some holes, and I am done with the right elevator. (well, almost.....)





I also needed to go back to the left elevator for the third time and set my rivets a bit more. I did not get them squeezed quite well enough on the first or second attempt, but this time they are set to my satisfaction.

Tomorrow I will finish up the right elevator and Roll the LEs on the left elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment