Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thawing out from the cold spell - built my C frame table kit

The Colorado cold spell lasted for about 2 weeks, so between the snow and the sub-zero temps I did not get much done on the plane. I have managed to get all the holes deburred on the left side HS, and prepped the skins for dimpling. I purchased a dimpling table from Cleaveland Tools a while back for my C-frame tool. I will attach pics in a later post that will make all this a bit more clear. The C frame is used to reach holes in larger pieces that cannot be dimpled or riveted with the typical hand tools. The table helps support the parts during this process.

The prep work involved is what takes all the time to complete the aircraft. The actual assembly of parts does not really take that long at all. The tasks ahead are dimpling, cleaning, priming, and riveting. Then on to the Vertical Stabilizer assembly.

No comments:

Post a Comment