Saturday, December 26, 2009

The problem and the solution


The bench was not wide enough to fit the table!! (30 inches vs. 3 feet,or 36 inches! Whoopie! Now I get to go back and work on solving a workroom problem instead of working on the airplane. I was bummed, but went to work to figure out how to solve this dilemma. As shown, I took a 2x6 and some hinges and created a foldable extension that I can extend or remove as needed. It is supported in the middle by two more hinged 2x4s. I also installed 2 barrel latches, (right side shown) to keep it alllocked into place. As with most all wood that you buy from Home depot these days,it is anything but flat on the edges, bu the middle was flatenough for my needs. Perhaps a couple more hinges on the outside would straighten this out, but its good enough for now. Just enough room for the table legs to sit on a solid surface so that the table can be leveled.

No comments:

Post a Comment