Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Rear side of the inboard HS ribs shows correct edge distance of drilled holes



The other side of the holes are shown here. It turns out that my approach to lining up the front rib and main rib that I described in earlier posts worked out beautifully. The large forming hole that you see between the two center holes in the vertical flange lined up perfectly with the same hole in the other rib. I will be posting details of how I approached this part of the assembly because it was just a bit different than what others have tried to do, but I found it to be much easier and more precise than what many others are trying to do. I don't know if my procedure will work for the RV 7 or other tail assemblies, but it works great for the RV8. I'm pretty proud of the fact that I did not need to order new parts or rework due to botching this part of the build, as many, many others before me have had to do.

1 comment: