Thursday, October 8, 2009

Class Partner Gets to Keep the Prize



This was my partner in the class. He had started working on his private license many years ago, but like many others, he ran out of money after soloing. He told me that the next time he starts to work on it he is going to finish it all the way. It was very interesting to see that several people in the class were not even rated pilots (yet)!
As much as I wanted to take home the completed project, I felt that it would be better off remaining in the possession of someone that is still trying to realize the dream of aviation, even if it means having a bunch of riveted metal parts stuffed out of sight in the corner of a garage for a while. Perhaps one day it might just be responsible for the creation of one more pilot, or even better yet, another airplane builder! I wish him well in his pursuit of flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment