Thursday, October 8, 2009

10-6-09 It begins.......Hobbs meter at 5.0 hours



Yours truly with air drill in hand. It all starts with work on the rear spar of the horizontal stabilizer. There are two pieces that are joined together. Total length of the HS will be just over 8 feet. Oh, a note about the "Hobbs" meter. For those that are not very airplane savvy - this is a clock or meter in an airplane that usually runs by using engine oil pressure after the engine is started. I shows how much flight time has elapsed. The hobbs meter I refer to here will "run" while I am actively building the airplane. The time I spend building the airplane can also be applied to hours required for a full blown Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics license, should I choose to do that later on down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment