Thursday, October 25, 2018

Built a second LE/Fuel Tank Cradle

I have been mentioning the need to build a second LE cradle for quite some time now, and last weekend I finally got around to actually doing it. It took me about 3.5 hours total to do it, as I had to take measurement of the existing one all over again, find the wood which I already new I had laying around, and cut, clamp, drill, and screw it all together. It turned out looking just like the other one, except that the cutouts are little tighter and better defined than the first one. This will allow me to work on a LE and a fuel tank, or two LEs or fuel tanks at the same time.
Here are the pics:







It took a saber saw, jig saw, saw horses, electric drill and screw driver, clamps, that same 3/4 x 1/8th inch vinyl weather stripping that  used on the other one, and a sanding drum on a drill for final shaping and sizing,and a tape measure to get it all done. Now I have two of them and this makes working the LE and tank assemblies much more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment