Thursday, December 16, 2010

174.5 hours VS frame primed


Need a little more light when you prime? Just add a few Xmas lights in the background! Here is my priming setup once again, with the wire drawn across the garage, parts hung, and the 1x2 collapsable frame supporting my floodlights. Oh yeah, and my cars parked precariously close to the whole operation - not recommended when working with acid etching primer products. Luckily I kept all the primer on the airplane parts.
A much better "first run" working with the primer this time. The trick is definitely to mix the crap out of the primer and the reducer to ensure that it has the consistency of skim milk, so it will run off the end of my mixing stick for a second or two. You don't wait to start priming after mixing this stuff like you might do with epoxy-based primers. You just pour it in the cup and go.
Here are all the VS frame parts all primed and ready to be riveted. I have also masked the inside of my VS skin and will use the 7220 self etch primer in the can to prime the parts of the interior skin where the flanges of the spars and the ribs will attach to it, just as I did for the HS. I expect to have a completed VS and a partially completed rudder by the end of this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment