Saturday, November 14, 2009


POST MORTUM NOTE AFTER RESEARCHING THIS WELL AFTER I HAD LEFT IT ALONE!! This may vary for each different model of Vans Aircraft. I have since found out that the RV-8 plans do depict relief holes in the this area, but only in the pictures. The instructions in the plan book make absolutely no mention of putting relief holes on this location, so this is an area where Vans really needs to update their instructions for the RV 8.


So, another great thing about Chapter 301, they have a lot of active RV buildes and fliers. I found one post on the Van's Air Force website where someone mentioned the need to trim this area of the front spar, and I became even more perplexed. I contacted the Chapter 301 president to ask him who I could contact about the bend line problem I posted earlier. He put me in touch with Bill Truax, a really nice person and Technical counselor who has build at least 13 airplanes I think. He took the time to come to my work shop and look at the problem in person. He told me that it probably would not be a problem and to go ahead and make the bend. So that is what I did, and it all worked out fine. On to the next step......

No comments:

Post a Comment