Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Match Drilled the Fuel Tank skin to the top and bottom Rear Baffle Attach holes

I didn't do much on the plane this evening. I managed to match drill the tank skin to rear baffle plate attach holes along the relatively small flange of the baffle. I had also scored the vinyl covering on the fuel tank last weekend, so as I match drilled each of the many holes to #40, I also removed the bottom strip of vinyl on the outer edges of the fuel tank skin.

This means that the rear baffle can now be removed from the tank assembly so that the rear rib flanges can be deburred in addition to the holes that were match drilled tonight. Then the remaining top and bottom rib flange holes can be match drilled, and the screw holes along the top and bottom edges of both sides of the tank skin can be drilled to final size and dimpled for the #8 screws.

No pics tonight. KPR

No comments:

Post a Comment