Sunday, November 28, 2010

165 hours - Starting on the Rudder and finishing the VS


Items 1 through 6 on my previous post have been completed. All that remains now is to clean, prep for primer, clean again, prime, and slam the rivets together to complete the VS. I had to buy some more primer yesterday and spend some time doing early Xmas shopping as well. I wanted to finish the VS over the Thanksgiving weekend, but it did not quite happen. Instead, I spent a lot of time reviewing other builder sites and VAF posts to learn more about creating the stiffeners for the Rudder. I also and actually managed to cut, trim, and smooth the edges of all the rudder stiffeners. Here is a pic of the angle aluminum that the stiffeners must be trimmed from. They are about 3 feet long and contain special pre-punched markings that define where the angles of the flanges need to be trimmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment