Tuesday, March 30, 2010

....and the build continues.......

Another 2 months gone by. Waiting for warmer weather. oThe problem with Spring time in Colorado is that sometimes you get REALLY warmer weather (I think we broke an 1879 record for high gtemp today - got up to 82 degrees), but the wind usually accompanies the warmer temps. Some one told me once, if you keep waiting for everything to be perfect, then you will never go flying! The "work" done over the past 2 months consisted of edge deburring and cleaning all of the HS parts - ribs, spars, and skins. I chose Acetone as my drug of choice (haha) to do the cleaning, since I had first hand experience with this medium when I use it to clean everything from rust to corrosion to dirt, fuel, oil, and grease off of my RC aircraft engines. I am also acutely aware of how caustic this stuff is. I did not really appreciate how much, though, until I started repeatedly dabbing a microfiber cloth with it, and wiping down all the HS parts. Trust me, use a respirator with this stuff, no matter how little or how much cleaning you may do.

That said, I've got some new pics, and I even started priming everything, so how about some new stuff on the blog for a change?!

No comments:

Post a Comment