Friday, January 29, 2010

HS skins both dimpled, and Wing kit ordered

Finally got the HS skins dimpled. Now all I need to do is a little edge deburring and double checking of all flanges to ensure they are 90 degrees to the web, and then I get to watch the thermometer to see when it might reach 55 degrees or more so I can prime everything and finally start slamming some serious rivets.

On another note, I decided to try to save a little cash by spending a whole bunch more. :) Van's announced that they will be raising their prices effective February 1, 2010, so I decided to go ahead and order my Wing kit for the RV 8 as of 1-22-2010. With an 8 week shipping delay that gives me until mid March to get the rest of my empennage done, which I most definitely plan to do. I am trying to keep my building times to 6 months for each major construction phase.

Gee, I also need to build the Wing jigs, build the wing cradles, make some more room in the garage, etc. etc. Guess I better get busy, huh! Spring is just around the corner after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment