Saturday, August 29, 2009

Visiting fellow RV 8 Builder Bob Markert's workshop



This was a trip to Bob Markert's house in Littleton, very close to my home, showing his completed horizontal stabilizer of his RV8, which is what I am currently working on. Ron Duren graciously informed of his visit with Bob and I was allowed to tag along. Bob is currently working on the wings of his RV8, Bob and his wife Mary are great folks. It is very nice feeling to know that I have someone that is working on a similar project. There is no substitute for experience! The HS is a little over 8 feet long when completed. Bob, I hope you allow me to show off some of your fine work! Ron, thanks for letting me tag along! I also just found out that an employee of my local Checker Auto Parts Store grewup in New Mexico where his dad managed one of the airports, and he built a Long EZ. Tis a small world for us home builders indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment